The role of the Business Analyst IT is to support and enable business improvement. The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and collating business requirements from business owners for projects and then performing the necessary analysis and documentation to ensure the changes requested can be communicated to the software development teams in a way such that they are able to understand what is needed. This Business Analyst will work closely with business leads as well as technical teams for development, testing, and architecture in delivering the changes needed and/or requested by the business.
- Understand, document and prioritize high level business requirements
- Convert high level business requirements into executable, detailed user stories to enable development
- Create and/or oversee creation of visual models (wireframes, Business Process Models)
- Become and remain knowledgeable on key business processes and systems and how they operate/integrate with other internal or external customers systems
- Manage the relationship between IT and key stakeholders and management teams including subsidiaries leadership, meeting on a regular basis and identifying all business initiatives and future projects
- Proactively identify opportunities to leverage technical solutions and emerging technologies to facilitate business solutions
- Work with application support and development teams to fix software bugs and escalate issues
- Facilitate and participate in regular project status reviews, planning, strategy and steering committees as appropriate
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology Computer Science, Business, or related field and/or relevant experience in a similar role(s).
- 3+ years of IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training
- Must be highly motivated, and keen to work in a fast-paced organization with a passion for working on business improvement projects
- Prior aviation experience, particularly in the operations area of an airline
- Experience with business process modeling or use case modeling is a plus
- Ability to understand customer and business needs and translate requirements to the development team
- Ability to create detailed, well-written documentation for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm to proactively coordinate and act within a team environment
- Ability to work independently and/or work under the direction of others in a project setting
- Experience with Agile project environments
- Basic Understanding of data analytics