Galley Carts is a significant market for Unilode to tap into, with potential customers eager to access our services; we have created the role of Senior Business Development Manager. This role will primarily focus on developing new galley cart business in line with Unilode’s growth strategy by seeking new market and customer opportunities. Key to this will be actively promoting Unilode’s unique capabilities, and developing new, commercially attractive services and partnerships to capitalise on market opportunities. The role will also work with existing customers to maximise opportunities.
- Lead and accountable for the galley cart business development.
- Support the development of the business development (BD) agenda with agility and pace, including the identification of new opportunities, including strategic and financial assessment, and helping translate Unilode’s overall growth strategy into BD priorities.
- Identify research and prepare commercial proposals and presentations based on market analysis and stakeholder engagement.
- Develop opportunities to enhance the Unilode galley cart service offering through investment and partnerships.
- Create and maintain identified prospects and deliver successful pitches for new galley cart business opportunities
- Represent Unilode at meetings, exhibitions, events and trade shows
- Weekly monitoring, assessment and reporting of the market to identify and capitalise on new business opportunities across scheduled and ad hoc markets and deliver growth to agreed targets.
- Develop and promote generic and targeted sales materials
- Manage and develop relationships with existing customers to maximise opportunities and secure business
- Work closely with the COO and CFO teams to ensure excellent service as well as consistency in customer messaging and to ensure business development plans are properly costed and financially viable.
- Manage and lead proposals/tender discussions with senior management including the ELT.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Degree in business administration, finance, or similar field.
- 5+ years of successful work experience as a business development manager or another relevant role.
- Proven success in sales as well as evidence of the ability to manage relationships with key clients and stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of market research methods and analysis.
- Commercial awareness coupled with a strategic mindset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and industry contacts.
- Accuracy and attention in detail.
- Ability to prioritise workload, work to tight deadlines, on own initiative and under pressure.
- Ability to develop and implement commercial strategies, meeting company goals and conduct market research and analysis including the creation of detailed business plans.
- Possess an analytical mind that can process data and manage documentation.
- Extensive understanding of business growth models and the ability to foresee commercial opportunities.
- Excellent relational skills, with ability to build and maintain beneficial partnerships with all key stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of metrics to monitor the performance of commercial activities.
- Possess a collaborative mindset and work well as part of a team.