This role will be the Finance point of contact for the respective line management. The Financial Controller manages the financial end-to-end process for the Germany entity, from journal entry via Reporting to Performance Management. The Financial Controller for these entities will be based in Germany, Frankfurt.
- Ascertain high quality and transparency of entities financial books and in line with statutory and IFRS guidelines.
- Entertain close relationship with Shared Service Centre (O2C & P2P).
- Reconciliation of subsystems with SAP.
- Accountable for month-end closing including monthly reporting package.
Audit & Internal Control System:
- Single point of contact for external audit for entities in scope; incl. coordination of information requests, preparation of reconciliations etc.
- Support the annual group interim and final IFRS consolidated audit.
- Enforcement of groupwide Internal Control System and operational working instructions.
Legal / Tax / Insurance / Payroll:
- Monitor legal requirements for entities in scope.
- Ensure timely invitation and complete agenda setting of board of director meetings.
- Maintain complete legal / tax documentation for entities in scope.
- Identify, mitigate & escalate timely legal risks.
- Monitor insurance requirements and cover.
- Alignment with HR on payroll issues.
- Review POs associated with respective entities.
- Enforce group policies, with focus on Procurement and Treasury.
- Work closely together with direct line management (at the Station).
- Challenge management at Business Unit Leadership Team and ELT level.
- Understand financial results, analyze underlying drivers, propose mitigating measures.
- Maintain deep level of knowledge of operational situation at stations.
- CAPEX controlling per entity.
- Ability to achieve bottom-line impact also by influence without authority.
- Responsible for valuation of new business opportunities as financial representative in “deal team”.
- Apply understanding of local situation and operational challenges to estimate cost and revenue for business opportunities with new or existing customers.
- Design, create and maintain Reporting with e.g. PowerPoint, Excel.
- Prepare monthly management reports as per guidance from Head of Controlling.
- Accountable for Statutory Reporting of selected entities.
- Ad hoc reporting and controlling tasks.
Additional duties as assigned.
- Germany Statutory / Legal / Tax / VAT comprehensive knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Controlling.
- 3+ years relevant and progressive work experience in similar role.
- Prior experience in Aviation industry would be advantageous.
- Demonstratable advanced excel skills.
- Work experience with an accounting system a must; knowledge of SAPByD advantageous.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite at superuser level.
- Excellent German and English verbal and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of all functions in a Finance organization in international environment.
- Knowledge of relevant GAAP and IFRS principles.
- High degree of self-organization in order to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and open attitude to work.
- Experience in a partnering role in an international company necessary; both at Business Unit and at Group level.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated team-player with high energy level.
- Hands-on, solution-oriented work ethic, focused on providing on time in spec.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, open for change.
- Readiness to “dig down into the journals” when conducting e.g. cost analysis; inquisitiveness & eagerness to understand the driver behind a KPI variance.
- Effective in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Possibility and ability to travel (sporadically).
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to multi-task.