The Global Payroll Specialist will be responsible for payroll processing, liaising with third party providers and responding to employee inquiries related to payroll, timekeeping, benefits and the associated Company policies. Supporting the EMEA and APAC regions, the individual in this role will thrive on solving problems and working independently to meet payroll deadlines.
- Review and audit timesheets and payroll reports, manage payroll cutoffs, and ensure that payrolls are processed timely and accurately.
- Review and certify international payroll transactions to ensure all recommended payments accurately reflect current compensation levels and withholdings in accordance with local labor laws and requirements.
- Responsibilities extend to new hires, terminations, transfers, one-time payments, equity, and fringe benefits.
- Collect and provide reports and other supporting documentation for internal and/or external audit preparation.
- Manage and audit year-end payroll activities for global payrolls.
- Serve as a global payroll subject matter expert to associates and internal partners.
- Work closely with internal teams, third-party vendors and/or local agencies in timely processing of payroll funds, tax payments, amendments, regulatory filings, and other transactions.
- Work closely with accounting teams to make sure payroll is funded accurately each month.
- Build positive relationships to ensure successful partnerships within the People team and other teams providing expertise on payroll matters.
- Support efforts of establishing payroll in new countries as the business dictates, ensuring country-specific regulations and statutory compliance are met.
- Research issues independently and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Main point of contact for benefit inquiries throughout the assigned region.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of international payroll experience.
- Working knowledge of global payroll best practices, country-specific regulations, wage and hourly laws, and tax filing requirements.
- Knowledge of full-cycle payroll including compiling payroll data, processing and reporting.
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Must be able to speak/read/write in English.