We are looking for a Ground Handling Supervisor to be our local representative coordinating on the day-to-day operational activities and processes at assigned airports as directed, ensuring customer needs are being effectively catered to and that Unilode’s assets are safeguarded from misuse, damage or loss at stations.
Unilode Aviation Solutions, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is the global leader in pooling, asset management, maintenance and repair of containers and pallets for air cargo, also called unit load devices or ULDs. The company owns and manages the world’s largest independent fleet of over 125,000 ULDs and owns the largest global network for maintenance and repair of ULDs and galley carts. Unilode serves over 90 airlines through a network of more than 450 airports, 14 regional offices and 50 certified repair stations, supported by more than 600 colleagues and offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial and international work environment in a very exciting industry. Since end of 2016, the company is owned by a globally leading private equity fund.
The Ground Handling Supervisor’s key role includes, but is not limited to:
- Establish Unilode’s professional identity at the assigned stations
- Communicate with Unilode Account Manager, in order to keep him or her updated on success and issues, and to support the reporting processes such as the Weekly Report
- Ensure that regular ULD sweeps in ICN airport and KE CTO and follow-up with GOC about ULD stock level discrepancies made
- Ensure process to correct stock imbalances are in place (ULD disposition planning / request)
- To check and ensure that handling agents follow the agreed processes (Messaging, storage, serviceability checks, etc.)
- Enforce regulations and report misuse to OPS Manager and Account Manager.
- Coordinate with CTO / GHA for the inter-airport ULD transfer.
- Meet partners as required to ensure the customer satisfaction on ULD management
- Establish contacts with GHA, airline representatives and other stakeholders to support the implementation process
Experiences and Qualifications:
- 5 years’ airport operations experience
- Within air cargo related field will be an advantage
- Familiar with KE passenger and cargo handling processes required
- Strong problem solving, decision making skills and be able to perform well under pressure
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision whilst retaining oversight of group goals as a team member
- Be logical and systematic, well organized, a good team player and self-motivated
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written), as well as the language(s) defined for the specific representation area
- Good human relationship skills are required to ensure harmonious working internally and externally