The Ground Services Manager (GSM) will focus on driving continuous improvements with Unilode customer ULD users, such as, but not limited to, GHAs, freight forwarders and other stakeholders to improve ULD visibility, availability and turnaround times. This individual will support the overall ULD management objectives and operations of Unilode and its customers and build an effective community amongst all parties and stakeholders involved. The ideal candidate will have existing experience managing and maintain strong relationships with airlines, GHAs, freight forwarders and local authorities, as well as lead and foster a positive culture and deliver ongoing ULD management best practices.
- Strive for operational excellence and success to meet customer expectations, deliverables and agreement obligations.
- Develop and maintain influential, operational and strategic relationships internally and externally (e.g., customer, 3rd parties, airports, repair shop, local authorities, GHA, freight forwarders etc.) to drive customer success and reduce operational inefficiencies and eliminate non-conformity.
- Act as the ambassador and regional subject matter expert for Unilode and ULD Solutions
- Conduct training and awareness sessions for ULD Users as to ULD requirements and overall smooth ULD management operations.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and drive the Unilode customer and operations agenda in these meetings.
- Conduct root cause analysis, achieve efficiencies within the supply chain and drive improvements based on structured action plan.
- Support the implementation of new ULD Management customers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years in Airport Operations, Ground Handling or ULD Management with a proven track record of success.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Proven ability to work independently, own and drive own agenda and achieve significant operational improvements with limited supervision.
- Experience working with third-party partners.
- Airside driving license for Chicago airport preferred.
- Lean experience preferred, such as Kaizen or Six Sigma.
- Tertiary studies in Business, Logistics or Aviation Management.
- Must pass background check and be able to obtain an airport badge.
- Travel will be required (domestic and international) and potentially on occasion at short notice.
- Competitive compensation
- 16 days of accrued paid time off
- 11 Paid holidays
- 1 Floating holiday (to be used on employee’s date of choice)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Company Paid Vision, Basic Life & Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match