The Network Planner’s Job Mission is to maintain balanced ULD stock at all stations on the customer network to meet scheduled and ad hoc ULD requirements of Unilode’s customers, achieving optimum utilisation of ULD. The main responsibilities of the role are listed below but the list is not definitive and there may be changes to this as the business evolves, as well as ad hoc requests from the line manager.
Key elements of the role include:
- Monitor airline schedules, traffic and ULD utilisation to assess ULD requirements at stations and raise appropriate and timely disposition requests
- Be well updated with airline operational requirements to ensure all customer and station specific requirements are considered when disposition requests are raised
- Take necessary follow-up action to distribute station ULD stock between the airline ground handling agents as per the agreed allocations
- Follow up on performance of disposition requests raised and take corrective actions where non-performed
- Escalate recurring non-performance issues hindering stock balancing at any station to the Regional ULD Ops & Customer Coordinator or ULD Ops Regional Coordinator for initiating follow up action
- Seek alternative solutions in coordination with Regional ULD Ops & Customer Coordinators, ULD Ops Regional Coordinators and ULD Ops Managers when required to balance station ULD stocks
- Timely close disposition requests with appropriate feedback
- Provide feedback on stock utilisation to Regional ULD Ops & Customer Coordinators to help accurately calculate customer chargeable stock for the stations
- Seek quotations for trucking ULDs between stations as required and present the options to the Regional ULD Ops & Customer Coordinator or customer
- Maintain good working relations with the ground handling agents at stations to assist in effective stock control
- Proactively analyse the effectiveness of planning and arrangements in meeting service level expectations and identify opportunities for improvement; escalate risks and issues that may affect operations
- Promptly respond to messages received in mailbox and action messages as instructed
- Work in close coordination with the field-based team for the regions they represent
- Ensure that any relevant information, documents, contacts directory, requirements and guidance are kept up to date and accessible
- Compile and submit a weekly report for allocated customer
- Handle specific projects within defined areas of responsibility
- Implement constant improvement initiatives within own area of responsibility
We have a strong preference for person assuming the role to be based in Europe, London Heathrow.
Experience and skills required:
- A levels or equivalent
- Airline operations
- ULD management preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Good IT Skills, Excel Skills a must
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle complexity
- Creativity and the ability to think outside the box.
About Unilode Aviation Solutions:
Unilode provides specialist services for the aviation industry including ULD and galley cart management, supply, maintenance and repair solutions. For further information please refer to our website: www.unilode.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 20 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for. Agencies should refrain from applying. Please apply indicating your salary expectations.