We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager located in our Hong Kong Office.
Unilode Aviation Solutions is a dynamic company with global exposure and a diverse work environment. The business currently owns and manages approximately 120,000 unit load devices (ULDs) and serves more than 90 airlines across a network of 50 global maintenance and repair centres (30 owned) and 480 airports.
This demanding and challenging role will manage the Quality Assurance for our Part 145 operation in Hong Kong.
The Quality Assurance Manager’s key role includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible to Accountable Manager for an independent quality system to assure compliance with Part-145 requirements
- Serve as the primary point of contact with Hong Kong CASA, EASA and FAA and handle all aspects of Regulatory Affairs and compliance with the pertinent Regulations.
- Actively work with the field organisation and supporting functions to promote a culture of safety, quality and lean operation.
- Manage the daily operation of all assigned stations and ensure compliance with all process defined in the Quality Management System (QMS), Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Health and Safety System (OHS)
- Ensure ongoing profitability and customer satisfaction for the assigned customers
- Acts as the first point of contact towards local authorities, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Works with the regional and global management team to drive process improvement in his stations
- Participates in customers visit and projects to expand the MRO and ULD management operation
- Oversees subcontractors in his area and ensures regular operational and commercial audits and review meetings to ensure subcontractors deliver on quality and price.
- Quality Assurance Manager (Part 145) towards the respective CAAs
- Provide safety training to managers, leaders and safety professionals
- Assisting the Regional QA Manager in his/her responsibilities of policy, procedures, repair station conduct and adherence to all pertinent rules and regulations.
- Overall responsibility for planning and layout of details for approved inspection standards, methods and procedures in compliance with all pertinent regulations, manufacturer specifications and customer requirements.
- Maintaining files on each subcontractor and performing audits/surveillance, as applicable, oversee subcontractor compliance with EASA/FAA, Manufacturer and Air Carrier requirements.
Skills/ qualifications/ experience required
- 5-10 years of proven experience in the aviation/aerospace industry in airline/airport/air cargo operation and customer service or sales functions
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally
- Solid in-depth knowledge of HKG CAD, EASA and FAA Part-145 Maintenance procedures required.
- Solid quality management experience in a corporate environment; quality certification such as Lean Six Sigma Black Belt level preferred.
- An effective communicator and influencer with an excellent level of verbal and written communication skills
- Travel (domestic and international) will be required.