The Senior Buyer will work closely with key stakeholders across the company to develop, build and implement an appropriate strategy. This position requires identifying patterns in spend and supplier data and focusing on the most meaningful activities. The Senior Buyer will rely on experience and business judgment to plan and accomplish goals and tasks that will influence key strategic decisions. This position will take a proactive approach on process improvements within purchasing.
- Identify opportunities to create value and implement them through negotiation, data analysis, process improvement or any other appropriate means.
- Research, analyses, and forecasts current and future buying trends.
- Negotiates contracts with suppliers.
- Set direction for the appropriate sub-categories.
- Share and implement the category strategy with senior/key stakeholders.
- Manage category risk to include assessing the financial risk of purchases.
- Source the right vendor for new projects.
- Manage supplier performance and seek operational improvements.
- Ensure clear documentation and business understanding of supplier agreements.
- Support the IT Category Manager with the IT procurement strategy.
- Develops and maintains relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- College degree in Business, Economics, or related field.
- 3+ years of related experience required.
- Previous procurement experience, ideally in professional services.
- Knowledge of cargo/MRO operations and/or ULD management preferred.