We are looking for a Station Manager with a strong background in operations management, supporting the day-to-day work of local teams and clients.
Unilode Aviation Solutions, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is the global leader in pooling, asset management, maintenance and repair of containers and pallets for air cargo, also called unit load devices or ULDs. The company owns and manages the world’s largest independent fleet of over 125,000 ULDs and owns the largest global network for maintenance and repair of ULDs and galley carts. Unilode serves over 90 airlines through a network of more than 450 airports, 14 regional offices and 50 certified repair stations, supported by more than 600 colleagues and offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial and international work environment in a very exciting industry. Since end of 2016, the company is owned by a globally leading private equity fund.
The Station Manager’s key role includes, but is not limited to:
- Overall running of the repair shop facility including ensuring all work on aircraft components is performed to the standards specified and procedures stated in the Part 145 and OEM requirements.
- Focusing on creating a quality culture and implementing any corrective action resulting from the quality compliance monitoring.
- Quoting / estimating repair work to customers
- Pursuing local sales/service
- Achieving operational budgets and KPI’s
- Maintaining staffing levels, including recruitment and performance management of the team
- Ensuring all staff training and training records are completed
- Ensuring there are adequate spares holdings for the facilities operations
- Providing adequate, serviceable tooling and machinery to perform the tasks
- 5+ years of practical experience, preferably in maintenance/repair organizations or operations/inventory management
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Proficient in English (verbal & written)
- Effective communication with the leadership team, corporate HQ and MRO organization
- Experience with employee recruitment and performance management
- General computing skills (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of employee relation laws and workplace regulations
- Inventory management / purchasing of aircraft parts
- Strong business acumen with negotiation skills with customers and suppliers
- Positive energy to motivate the MRO organization