We are looking for a Station Manager with a strong background in operations management, supporting the day to day support of local teams and clients.
Unilode Aviation Solutions, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is the global leader in pooling, asset management, maintenance and repair of containers and pallets for air cargo, also called unit load devices or ULDs. The company owns and manages the world’s largest independent fleet of over 125,000 ULDs and owns the largest global network for maintenance and repair of ULDs and galley carts. Unilode serves over 90 airlines through a network of more than 450 airports, 14 regional offices and 50 certified repair stations, supported by more than 600 colleagues and offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial and international work environment in a very exciting industry. Since end of 2016, the company is owned by a globally leading private equity fund.
- Number of employees: 20
- Reporting to: Area Manager MRO Middle East
- Act as back up for the Area Manager (Initially 3 stations)
- Manage P&L and monthly profitability
- Inspirational daily leadership and -development of team
- Safety culture and behavior
- Customer satisfaction (existing relationship management)
- Efficiency in repair, turnover, repair shop, tools, parts and inventory
- Change management
The Station Manager’s key role includes, but is not limited to:
- The overall running of the repair shop facility including ensuring all work on aircraft components is performed to the standards specified and the procedures stated in aviation regulations and OEM requirements
- People management
- Maintaining staffing levels, including hire and performance management of local staff (including flexible)
- Ensuring there are adequate spares holdings for facilities operations
- Safety awareness
- Achieving operational KPIs and budgets
- Quoting/estimating repair work to customers
- Stock control
- Comparison of actual vs. monthly forecast in sales and cost targets, reporting.
The position reports directly to the Area Manager MRO Middle East
We have a strong preference for person assuming the role to be based in the Middle East, preferably Qatar/Dubai.
- 5+ years practical experience, preferably in maintenance/repair organisations, or operations/inventory management (Degree beneficial)
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Middle Eastern Regional experience desirable
- English (Arabic beneficial)
- Solid knowledge of employee relation laws and workplace regulations
- Strong business acumen, entrepreneurial
- Willing to travel
- And “most important”: positive energy!
- Attractive remuneration package including bonus
- Make a tangible difference with a small team
- Contribute to ambitions growth plans of the company
- Future (international) promotions chances!