We are seeking an experienced ULD Ops Manager, Europe to strengthen our operations team and will be located in London Heathrow.
Unilode Aviation Solutions, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is the global leader in pooling, asset management, maintenance and repair of containers and pallets for air cargo, also called unit load devices or ULDs. The company owns and manages the world’s largest independent fleet of over 125,000 ULDs and owns the largest global network for maintenance and repair of ULDs and galley carts. Unilode serves over 90 airlines through a network of more than 450 airports, 14 regional offices and 50 certified repair stations, supported by more than 600 colleagues and offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial and international work environment in a very exciting industry. Since end of 2016, the company is owned by a globally leading private equity fund.
Act as main operational point of contact (first escalation point) for passenger carriers in the EMEA region, responsible for the P&L for Unilode Aviation Solutions’ ULD management contracts for these customers.
Lead and develop the team, including the Planning team in London and field-based staff across the region to ensure delivery of Unilode’s ULD management service in line with contractual commitments.
Work closely with other ULD Ops Managers to develop and implement effective operational processes and controls to manage the business effectively and ensure that pooling options are utilised to the full Control and minimise operational costs.
The ULD Ops Manager, Europe role includes, but is not limited to:
- Being responsible for managing Unilode’s European passenger carriers in line with P&L target.
- Managing a team of 7 staff with responsibility for operational planning & execution, head office relationships and providing support to customers outside of the European team
- Identifying development actions and training required within the team in order to deliver high performance
- Ensuring that business strategy and priorities are continuously updated and communicated, providing clear guidance to the team
- Ensuring optimal planning of Unilode’s assets is achieved by the planning team in order to meet customers’ needs efficiently and avoid service failures
- Owning the customer action plans and ensuring all actions are progressed to completion to improve account performance
- Support and work closely with Director, Sales & Account Management EMEA on all relevant commercial topics like customer satisfaction, contract renewal, up- and cross-selling, identifying opportunities
- Attending customer review meetings to understand future customer demand and how Unilode can improve on previous performance
- Presenting KPI statistics to customers and taking action on poor account performance, e.g. high levels of damaged, unreported or lost ULD’s, agreeing specific actions with the customer
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders within Unilode’s customer base in order to drive customer satisfaction and ensure account retention
- Having tight control over demand requirements in order to provide full visibility on CAPEX needs, thus eliminating the need to lease ULD’s at Unilode’s cost, and to ensure accurate revenue forecasting
- Effectively delivering and securing pooling synergy for customers through appropriate communication with other ULD Ops Managers, as well as airline representatives and ground handlers
- Driving a culture of collaboration, both within the team and across the business
- Controlling operational costs in order to maximise account EBITDA and ensuring customers are recharged where appropriate
- Leading the implementation of new customer contracts
- Approving supplier invoices and supporting Finance on overdues
Skills/ qualifications/ experience required
- 5+ years of proven experience in the aviation/aerospace industry in airline/airport/air cargo operations or customer service
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to analyze data and present findings
- People management experience
- Ability to drive high performance levels amongst direct reports
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally
- Committed to customer satisfaction
- Deliver strong Operational performance
- Commercial acumen -> Able to work at the interface of operations and sales
- Proven people manager who can lead by example and accountability
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to obtain results in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Excellent relationship builder
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Demonstrated IT proficiency including the Microsoft Office suite
- Extensive Travel (domestic and international) may be required