We are seeking an experienced ULD Ops Regional Coordinator, Middle East to strengthen our operations team and will be located in Middle East.
Unilode Aviation Solutions, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is the global leader in pooling, asset management, maintenance and repair of containers and pallets for air cargo, also called unit load devices or ULDs. The company owns and manages the world’s largest independent fleet of over 125,000 ULDs and owns the largest global network for maintenance and repair of ULDs and galley carts. Unilode serves over 90 airlines through a network of more than 450 airports, 14 regional offices and 50 certified repair stations, supported by more than 600 colleagues and offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial and international work environment in a very exciting industry. Since end of 2016, the company is owned by a globally leading private equity fund.
Be the local Unilode representative coordinating on the day-to-day operational activities and processes at assigned airports as directed, ensuring customer needs are being effectively catered to and that Unilode’s assets are safeguarded from misuse, damage or loss at stations.
The ULD Ops Regional Coordinator, Middle East role includes, but is not limited to:
- To establish Unilode’s professional identity at the assigned station/s.
- To inform the Unilode ULD Ops Manager, in order to keep him or her updated on successes and issues, and to support the reporting processes such as the Weekly Report;
- To ensure that regular ULD sweeps and follow-up with GOC about discrepancies is made
- That processes to correct stock imbalances are in place (dispo requests)
- To check and ensure that handling agents follow the agreed processes (Messaging, storage, serviceability checks, etc.)
- To enforce regulations and report misuse to ULD Ops Manager
- To request GHA to move ULDs to correct location
- To perform regular serviceability checks of the ULDs at assigned stations
- To meet partners as required to ensure serviceability of ULDs
- To establish contacts with GHA, airline representatives and other stakeholders to support the implementation process
- The position reports directly to the Operations Manager, Middle East
We have a strong preference for a person assuming the role to be based in Middle East, preferably Jeddah and other Middle East stations. Frequent travel is expected and will be critical to successfully performing in the role. Basic understand of Arabic language in terms of speaking and listening would be an advantage.
Skills/ qualifications/ experience require
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision whilst retaining oversight of group goals as a team member
- Results-oriented goal alignment approach
- Strong business and market acumen
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain results in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Demonstrated technology proficiency including the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Arabic speaker would be desirable but not a must.