The ULD Planning & Dispositioning Officer is responsible for maintaining balanced ULD stock at all stations on the customer network to meet scheduled and ad hoc ULD requirements of the company’s customers, achieving optimum utilization of ULD.
- Monitor airline schedules, traffic and ULD utilization to assess ULD requirements at stations and raise appropriate and timely disposition requests
- Be well updated with airline operational requirements to ensure all customer and station specific requirements are considered when disposition requests are raised
- Take necessary follow up action to distribute station ULD stock between the airline ground handling agents as per the agreed allocation
- Maintain good working relations with the Ground handling agents at stations to assist in effective stock control Follow up on performance of disposition requests raised and take corrective actions where non performed
- Seek alternative solutions in coordination with the Airline Coordinators, Account Managers, Supervisors and Regional Manager Operations when required to balance station ULD stock
- Timely close disposition requests with appropriate feedback
- Provide feedback on stock utilization to Airline Coordinators and Account Managers to help accurately calculate customer standard stock for the stations
- Escalate recurring non-performance issues hindering stock balancing at any station to the Airline Coordinator, Account Manager or Supervisor for initiating follow up action
- Promptly respond to messages received in mailbox and action messages as instructed
- Work in close coordination with the field-based team for the regions they represent
- Handle specific projects within defined areas of responsibility
- Additional duties as assigned.
- University degree or bachelor’s degree equivalent
- Ability and willingness to work off shift as needed
- Strong computer skills, and aptitude for learning programs
- 2-3 years of related airline work experience, ULD management preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills, Excel skill is a must
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle complexity
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box.