This position will lead and develop a team of Network Stock Planners responsible for the daily ULD movements of Unilode Aviation Solutions’ ULD management customers. Analyze stock data and trends and formulate daily plans for ULD movements. Work closely with the planning teams in other regions and the field-based teams to ensure all pooling options are utiliszd and to deliver customer satisfaction. Monitor and minimize operational costs.
- Manage the performance of the Network Stock Planners, both through the annual PDP process and on an ongoing basis, and take appropriate actions to resolve underperformance.
- Identify development actions and training required within the team.
- Manage staff roster and assign planning responsibilities within the team.
- Ensure planning is carried out to a consistently high standard with a robust staff handover process in place.
- Analyze stock data and influencing factors such as passenger figures in order to formulate a plan for ULD disposition requests to be submitted to the customer and their ground handlers.
- Monitor the execution of critical operational items for customers such as new station start-ups and other special requests; support in the implementation of new customers.
- Ensure seasonal trends and peaks in demand are identified and managed in an effective way by planning ahead and giving instructions to the planning team in time.
- Critically analyze forecasting data and use past incidences to constantly improve the utilization and stock availability on the customer’s network; monitor stock balancing options (new handling providers, trucking companies, routes) and ensure best options are utilized; ensure effective actions are taken by the planning team to maintain the stock availability on the assigned customer’s network at all times.
- Effectively deliver and secure pooling synergy for customers through appropriate communication with other planning teams, as well as airline representatives and ground handlers.
- Work collaboratively with other planning teams and field-based staff to deliver exceptional service to Unilode’s customer base.
- Work in coordination with the inventory control team to trace and recover assets missing on weekly inventory.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation business or related field and others respective degrees
- 5+ years of proven experience in the aviation/aerospace industry in airline/airport/air cargo operation or customer service.
- People management experience.
- Ability to drive high performance levels amongst direct reports.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally.
- Committed to customer satisfaction.
- Proven people manager who can lead by example and accountability.
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated learning agility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain results in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.